About This Site
Welcome to the official blog of the Cultural Studies program at George Mason University.
This site is a a forum for the airing of commentary, analysis, and research.
Our open-ended invitation to contributors:
- How might we engage scholarship with the new times?
- What is to be learned about modern working and living conditions, both inside and outside the academe?
- What is the future of knowledge, as distinct from information, under changing technological conditions?
- Can technology be inserted into the global circuit in ways that foster greater social equality?
- How might scholarship that engages such questions be judged, and how might its validity and impact be weighed?
What, to borrow a phrase, is to be done?
Debates are welcome.